Thursday, February 12, 2009

Married Life

Well, I am new to this, but my sister does one and I love to read hers, so I am doing one too. The last few weeks have not been easy. It seems like nothing I do is the right decision and I don't know how to fix it. I can't make everyone happy all of the time, I do realize that, but a little consideration would be nice sometimes. I feel like there are some members of my family that do not have respect for the fact that I am married and therefore are disrespecting me. I am an adult and I chose to marry my husband because I love him very much. Not because it was convenient, or just because he was the first person to show me attention. He is the one person that knows me, all of me, all of the bad stuff that I have done in the past, the good things too, the dreams that I have for my life and all of that is OK with him. He loves me because of these things, not in spite of them. He supports me in a way that no one else does and I love him more than words could ever express. It doesn't matter how much money you have or if you only have one car or whatever, all that matters is that you are happy...and with him I am very happy. We have had our share of hard times the last couple years, but we have become closer with every adversity that has hit us. How many couples do you know that would survive an eviction, a car repossession, living with family for months, and not knowing if you are going to be able to pay that next bill coming in? From my experience, not many...but we have. I'm not proud that these things have happened to us, but they have. My thought is, you can choose to let something take over and bring you down, or you stand united together and figure out a way to make it work. I have made a commitment to spend the rest of my life with this man, and in this day and time, there are a lot of people that don't take that commitment seriously. I am NOT one of those people. I made a commitment because I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. So, this is basically me venting because my feelings have been hurt and I am very angry about it. I'm tired of being treated like a child when I am trying so hard to show that I am not a kid anymore. It doesn't matter what I do, it's wrong. I'm exhausted emotionally from trying to keep everyone else around me happy and I cannot do it anymore. I love my husband, divorce is not now, and will not be in the future an option. Not for us anyway. Call me naive if you'd like, but none of you are here day in and day out to know all of the intimate details of my relationship with my husband, and none of you have really taken the time to get to know him, so don't talk about things that you think you know. When in fact you are completely wrong. I have not settled for the man that I call my husband, I chose to be where I am! So, as the old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

That's all of my ranting for today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a nicer blog.


1 comment:

  1. K, I love this post. Going through exactly the same way, but never knew exactly how to put it into words. Well said... Ali

    ReplyDelete